Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Brother was at Comic Con (and other September stuff)




Comic Con is a huge convention for nerds and geeks. It's all about comics, animated stuff, sci fi and other weird things. This year, Derek was invited to be a guest artist since he works for Cartoon Network on "Adventure Time." He's also quite known in Utah as a comic book artist. His series was called "Pirate Club." This was the first time they had a Comic Con in Salt Lake and it was a HUGE success. This is a picture from the Deseret News of Derek at his table. He got to meet fans, sign autographs and sell prints. He made $5,000. Good for Big D.


With fall comes football season and I really don't care. I am sometimes aware of when BYU plays just so I can make small talk with students about it. Julie Andrews above expresses my sentiments perfectly.

Cupcakes, Starlyn next to her board of wishes, our "dinner table," Annie, Ali and Steve, the whole gang: Jenny and Audrie, Starlyn, Melissa, Jessica, Charity, me, Mat, Ali, Steve and Annie, with Samuel in front. Jenny doesn't work there anymore, but she's an honorary member of the staff forever and Starlyn's friend, so she got invited.

Everyone's favorite co-worker, Starlyn, celebrates a birthday today. We celebrated Friday at work. We put together an impromptu lunch. It was great. We had sloppy joes, chips, carrot sticks with dip and cupcakes. Mat said if he didn't need money, he wouldn't work, but he's glad to work in the lab since he needs the money. I concur. I never thought I'd work outside the home, but since it's necessary, I consider myself truly blessed to work in a place that I love, with students I grow to love, and, most of all, with co-workers that I love. We are family. The foods lab is a safe place for us all.


Finally, Keenan celebrated his 49th birthday. This is what he got - an 11-lb tub of Nutella. It even has a handle. He is so excited about it. I couldn't have found a more perfect gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment