Monday, November 5, 2012

Been Busy Helping Mitt Romney

Proudly displaying my loot from the Romney offices in Orem
Allie and grandma outside of Romney office - November 5, 2012 - Election Eve
Three generations of volunteers. Go Hunter Ladies!

Me, Allie and Mom outside of Romney offices on Election Eve

In the middle of all the family excitement of October, Honu woke up one day with a really swollen neck. Daddy came home from work and took him to the vet, Dr. Lamb. Antbiotic shot for $120 and he got better. Poor guy!

Keenan showing off the Romney bobble head I earned.

First election for Kamiko!

It's a presidential election year. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are the Republican candidates for President and Vice President. Living in Utah, our electoral votes always go to the Republican candidate...NO MATTER WHAT! I really want Mitt Romney to win. I think Barack Obama has done a HORRIBLE job as president. Since my one little vote won't make a difference here in Utah, I've been volunteering in the Mitt Romney offices to call potential voters in swing states. Mom and I started going a few weeks ago. I go every Monday around noon. At first, it was tedious and not very fun, asking likely voters around the country if they supported Romney or Obama. We were collecting data to see where to target ads. Then it got more fun as we called likely Romney supporters and reminded them to vote. I stayed for 4 hours last week and earned my t-shirt. I had to make 1,000 calls total to earn it. I love it. I also earned a bumper sticker and today they gave me a cap. I have made 1,700 calls for Mitt Romney. Allie came with me today. She didn't need to go to school, so I told her I would check her out if she came with me, which she did. We are entered to win one of three iPads, too. I would love to have an iPad named Mitt.

1 comment: