Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Bowl of Ice Cream and More Car Stuff

So, I make copies of the car key and go to check to make sure they work only to find that the front door won't unlock. WILL NOT UNLOCK with a key or from inside, trying to pull up the lock tab thing. I have an appointment to take Kev to Carheads, our mechanic, on Tuesday. They may need to cut a hole in the door panel inside the car to access the locking mechanism that is obviously jammed.

Today, I dropped Mel at her soccer game in Layton. I was about 15 min from Jen's house, so I went to visit. Kamiko was with me. While telling Jen, Marie and Eli about the car fiasco, Scott came in from doing yard and, like it was a joke or something (perfect timing), said he had bad news for me. While doing yard work, a rock had flipped up and hit the side window of the van, shattering it. WHAT?! You've got to be kidding! It took us about an hour to clean up the mess and get us ready to get on the road again. The girls were done playing soccer and able to find a ride home, so Kamiko and I just drove straight home with fresh air blowing in the van. 

So, here is where we stand. There are 4 cars in front of our house.
1. Sam's car, which no one is driving because I don't believe in borrowing cars.
2. Kev, the new kid car, which neither kid can drive because I haven't taught them how to drive a stick shift yet AND you have to enter from the passenger side and climb over to the driver seat.
3. My van, which is missing an entire window on the passenger side.
4. Keenan's Nissan. NOTHING WRONG with it today.

Oil change in van on Monday...Kev going in for lock diagnosis on Tuesday...Diamond Glass coming to house to replace van window on Tuesday.

That's why I'm having a bowl of ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all! So now I ask...'Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?'

    P.S. Glad the ice cream was good!

    ReplyDelete