Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Christmas Magic

I got to see two of my favorite Christmas movies in an actual theater!

I went with Annie Oswald and Starlyn Hjorth to see "White Christmas" and with my old roommate Pam Rock to see "Elf" at Maven Cinema in American Fork. A couple bought the old "sticky shoe" theater in American Fork and now show old movies. It was absolutely magical to see "White Christmas" on the big screen. I loved every minute! Starlyn had never seen it. Pam and I were the only ones in the theater for "Elf," which I also loved! She came with me at the last minute and I'm glad she came, otherwise, I would have been alone. Hahahaha. 

Me and Pam Rock, my old roommate and now my colleague

Annie, me, and Starlyn

Later in December, I joined Kamiko and his film buddies to see "Empire Strikes Back" at Maven Cinema. It was the only Star Wars movie Kamiko hadn't seen in theaters yet, and it was so great. I love supporting his love of film. 

Sweet Film Talk meet-up: Tanner and Kennedy, Bekki and Kamiko, me, a student Carlson and his wife, and 2 of Kamiko's friends

All of the Easts came to Utah for Christmas. That made for a super fun Christmas break. Hunter came from Fresno, Sarah and Cam came from Ladera Ranch, and Doug and Kristen came from Livermore. They all stayed at Allison and James' house in Eagle Mountain. As a result, Mel and I spent some time in Eagle Mountain with family. It was fantastic!

We went to JCW's for burgers, went to Thanksgiving Point to see the lights, got pedicures, went shopping, and had an awesome roast Christmas Eve dinner. Kristen and Doug, Mel, Kaleb Greening, and I joined mom and dad for church on Christmas Eve. Before church, we had a yummy breakfast of overnight French toast made with Kneader's bread. After church, we all went to the DeVuyst's for dinner and games. Allison and James made the most delicious roast dinner with Yorkshire pudding. The tables were beautifully set. After mom and dad left, we stayed longer to watch a movie. It was a blast. I'm so glad all of them were in town. It was super fun at JCW's to see all of the cousins grown up and talking about life. Mel said she really enjoyed talking to Hunter and Sarah. It had been since she was about 15 that she actually spent much time with them. 

Annie Oswald and I walked the mall and bought these at the Giving Machines - children's book and games for a family game night. Seemed like the perfect gift from us. We started book club and we love games.

Pedicures with Allison, Kristen, and Audrey

Luminaria with Allison, Hunter, Mac, Audrey, and me

Me and my cute girlie at Luminaria



JCW's: Mac, Mel, Hunter, James, Audrey, Kristen, Doug, Allison, and Sarah

me and Kristen with mom and dad

Christmas Eve church with Kaleb Greening and Melia




We love "White Christmas," so we had to get these sweatshirts


I bought this skirt at the outlet mall when I went shopping with Kristen, Doug, and Allison. Allison told me and Kristen that we had to get this skirt. I really like it. I needed a new skirt. 

The big kids' table: Doug, Kristen, Mel, dad, mom, Sarah, Cam, and James

Kamiko and Bekki couldn't join us for Luminaria, so Kaleb Greening and Makei Tupou came

A little angel that Allie made in kindergarten that I turned into a pillow

The kids' table: Mac, Allison, me, Audrey, and Hunter

Christmas Eve overnight French toast

Christmas dinner - look at those beautiful carrots and those roasted potatoes

I'll always be grateful Melia talked me into buying this tree

Arthur

My college friend Reed Hyer and his daughter, Lauren, came over for a bit on Christmas morning. Reed lives in Washington state and was in town to visit kids. It was fun to see him and to meet her. 

Audrey and Mac having fun coloring Auntie Sarah's tattoos

Christmas cuddles: Bekki, Kamiko, and Mel

Christmas morning, we opened our stockings. I had bought the trip to Arkansas for everyone, so there were not really presents under the tree. We sure had a great day, though. Mel requested a full British pub roast dinner, so we did a repeat. Kamiko and Bekki came over and we had roast, carrots, roasted potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, and sticky toffee pudding. We also kept with tradition and watched "Arthur's Perfect Christmas" and "The Toy Who Saved Christmas." We cuddled on the couch, as we always do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment