Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Finishing up California

Monday Kristen and I went to lunch with Kim Rose Cassetti, a dear friend since high school. She had just gotten back from Hawaii. I'm so glad we could connect. Tuesday was Doug's last day working at the lab. He stepped down as Chief Information Officer and now works from home as a consultant for the federal government, working with all CIOs at the labs. The 3 of us (Kristen, Doug, and I) have big travel plans for when Doug really retires. We'd like to travel, renting places for at least a week or two at a time, to really enjoy locations. Doug wants to start with Portugal. I'm game! We also think we may explore the US in a similar fashion. 



I was at Kelly and Ben's when Ben finished his fellowship at Duke and I was at Kris and Doug's when he finished working at the lab. Big changes that I was there for. Kris and I went on a walk, then she took me to the airport. I flew to Las Vegas, then to Indianapolis. 

Our flight from Vegas to Indy left over an hour late. I think we were delayed because we had an unaccompanied minor on our flight. He ended up sitting next to me and watching a movie over my shoulder on my phone. His phone had died and he had no way to charge it. I turned on subtitles and he "watched" the movie I was watching. It was funny, but annoying. He was a cute kid with lots of confidence and a good conversationalist for a 13 year old. 

He was traveling from visiting family in California back to his dad's house. His mom had passed away. That's about all I got. 

No comments:

Post a Comment