Sunday, July 31, 2022

Remember Divine Help


One theme that has come up this week as we've studied Esther is the fact that God intervenes. The Jews still celebrate Purim as a remembrance of Esther's bravery that saved them from execution. 

I have recently talked to Maria and Melia of my desires and prayers to "remember." I know I have had many experiences where I know I've been guided, for example:

1. going on a mission

2. accepting the invitation to go to graduate school

3. letting Maxine Rowley know I was moving back to Utah

4. teaching 110 at BYU

5. finding a PA for Keenan that knew ADHD and finding a nurse for me that also knew ADHD

6. finding my therapist 

7. selling the American Fork house in 2018

8. listening to the prompting to get divorced

9. finding my house that wasn't correctly listed in the MLS

10. offering to go on study abroad at my own expense to learn how it works

I had an experience just this weekend that solidifies my faith that Heavenly Father is very aware of my life and if I pray to Him and listen, I'll find answers. 

The textbook we're using for SFL 110 is out of print, so it's time to find a replacement. I reached out to the publisher, Pearson, and requested 2 titles that the representative recommended. After a bit of a hassle and delay, I got them. I read one the week before going to Disney World. It's pretty heavy food science, but I think I can make it work. I was hopeful that the other one would be good, so I brought it to California. I was struggling to figure out how to see if it could work. I prayed about it Saturday morning and I had the impression that rather than read it from start to finish, I should pull up 110 and look at the modules. I should note chapters and pages that could work. I then began to read. I got through module 7, but the book was SOOO heavy in food science and organic chemistry that I don't think it will work. That method of previewing the book is the route I want to take with another book and maybe even give the first book another look.

I have another hope. About 2 weeks ago, I was cleaning out my work email. I was deleting so much junk mail. DELETE. DELETE. DELETE. One email caught my eye. I'm sure it's no coincidence. It was an email from a publisher about a foods textbook written by a dietician and a chef. I requested a complimentary educator's copy and it should be in my office when I get back. I'm rather excited to try my new method of testing it, going module by module, rather than chapter by chapter. I'm sure I'll find the right text with God's help. 

I'm grateful for the council to REMEMBER. I have so many experiences where I know I've been guided, whether in my personal life, as a mom, as a wife, as a professional, as a Sunday School teacher, etc. I'm very grateful and I will continue to pray to keep them in my mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment