Saturday, April 11, 2020

Social Distancing Saturday

Honestly, today was a fantastic day.

Yesterday I got a text from Keenan in the middle of the afternoon that said "I just got the divorce email."

My heart kinda sunk and I had a pit in my stomach.

Well, that was it. Just like that. It was over and I was divorced.

It was Good Friday.

It was also a day the whole world, people of all faiths, were fasting to help lessen the effects of the corona virus.

So, it was a bit strange. Sad. Bittersweet.

Today...WAS GREAT!!!!!!!

I got up and wend walking with Annie Oswald and Corinne Howick, friends from book club. Then I went over to Allison and Allie's. Allie lives in the basement of James and Allison's house. I planned to be there just a while. We visited in the backyard. The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to be outside and to be together. Allie texted Melia and she came over. Our old neighbor, Megan Tillotson, came over for a while. We all stayed far apart from each other, sitting on blankets. There was a little Easter parade. It was basically a truck pulling a flatbed trailer in which sat an Easter bunny and kids who threw candy. It was hilarious.

We hung out until 4:30. We just talked, enjoyed the weather, and ate candy. The girls did online shopping for swimsuits. I really felt like I got a taste of what my new life will look like.

We are going to do it again tomorrow for Easter. I can't wait.

Then I came home to beautiful flowers that my family had sent me. It was so sweet of them. I hear it was Karen's idea. They smell so good.

My Divorce Flowers

Allison and Mac, Allie, and Melia
Mel got to spend time with her cat


Throwback to days before social distancing...Audrey turns 4

Cute Mac - who wouldn't want to spend time with these kiddos?


Got cookies delivered to me by one of my interns. It was on a very stressful day. What a nice treat. Thanks Brooke!

No comments:

Post a Comment