Friday, April 10, 2020

My Divorce is Final and it's Sad

Today I got the email from the court that our divorce decree had been signed. It felt sad. I know it was the right thing to do, but it still felt sad. I didn't cry. I guess I've cried enough over the years to prepare for this.

It was signed YESTERDAY, April 9, but the news came today, April 10 - siblings day and Good Friday - a day when the whole world is united in fasting and prayer for relief from the Corona Virus pandemic.

Strange times for sure. This starts a new chapter. When I got married 28 1/2 years ago, I never thought I'd end up divorced. There were many times in the last 10 years that I thought it was a possibility, but I found the strength to keep going - a new book, new insights, therapy, etc. It just became evident in the last 8 months that there wasn't a whole lot, barring a miracle, that could fix things.

So here we are, divorced. I've interviewed for a full-time position at BYU. I'm buying a townhome. Allie and I will live in it together. I have a great relationship with the kids. Mel and I meet for food about once a week. We get food and sit in our cars, with the windows down, and talk to each other. I face time the girls about every day. We've been having church together on Sundays via face time.

I talk to Kamiko and Bekki. They are doing great. I guess the next thing for me to do is change my name and let the world. know I'm divorced. Close friends know. Others may have figured it out since my pictures on social media have changed. I'll make it official one of these days.

Here's to a good Easter weekend, in spite of all of the social distancing going on, in spite of my living in my parent's basement, in spite of my recent divorce. 2020 was supposed to be my year. I'm still hopeful that it will be. I do have a lot for which to be grateful!



great kids
a great job that keeps me busy - I'm far from bored
supportive siblings
kind and supportive parents
a roof over my head that doesn't cost me much
the ability to go out and go on walks to my new place and watch the progress
friends that are there for me
my health
my brain
my education
the gospel
come follow me gospel study
temples
people working on building my house
my realtor/friend
technology
my new macbook
electricity
water
freedom
food

No comments:

Post a Comment