Thursday, September 12, 2019

Fall Semester 2019

I'm going into my 20th year since I started teaching at BYU. I've only had a 2 year gap. It's been a great ride. I've recently gotten more involved and am trying to feel more like real faculty. I know the department highly values us and regards us as real, so I'm trying to own it.

When I got back from California, I was here for some meetings and checked my box. There was a letter from Dean Ogles that informed me that I had been selected to receive the honor of outstanding adjunct faculty for the School of Family Life. The award came with a certificate, a stipend in my August paycheck, and $1,000 that I get to use for classroom use, to enhance student learning. I'm so honored. I got recognized at a meeting. Dawna Baugh, one of our clothing professors, received a university-wide award for excellence in teaching. Well-deserved. Allie and Mel LOVE Dawna.

Cute note from Melia

This "official" picture of me is soooo NOT me. Allison asked who dressed me for it. LOL


It's fun to get back to the classroom with my co-workers. Starlyn is a gem. The TA's are awesome. Many of our seasoned TA's left us, but we have great new ones: Misha, Meg, and Julia, all of whom had 110 from me. We still have Courtney and Alissa. I'm also supervising 3 interns and 1 student teacher, so my plate is full.
I received an award from the School of Family Life. I was also informed that I'll be receiving an award in February for Outstanding Post-secondary teaching from UAFCS. I'm very honored.

Keenan continues his job hunt. Something will come soon. I'm learning to not blame people for things that go wrong. Sometimes things just happen. It doesn't matter how or why. Accidents happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment