Monday, September 9, 2019

Book Gang and Cookies

A couple of other fun summer adventures were a road trip to Bear Lake with our book gang and the ultimate cookie taste test with my girls and the East girls and grandma.

Book Gang has been going strong for a few years now. Annie and I started it when we branched off from a book club I'd been attending in Provo. It was a bunch of young moms. I loved it. There were usually babies and talk of babies, so when Annie suggested we try our own, it seemed like a good idea. We have members in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. We always have a great time. Even if you don't read the book, you're welcome.





Sandra scored us a house at Bear Lake for a getaway in June. We had a blast. Laura Walton, one of our 20's, came up from Vegas with her mom. We also had Sandra's neighbor, Sherry, who joined us at last minute. There were just a few of us, but we had a great time. It was a huge house. We each got our own queen sized bed. Many had their own room with an en suite bathroom. Annie and I shared a room. We each had our own bed. Shared a bathroom. We went on a nice walk and got hamburgers and raspberry shakes on Saturday before coming home. It was a quick trip. Next time I'll plan to go for 2 nights for sure. It was a lovely getaway.

We did get sad news a few weeks after the trip that Sandra's friend, our newest member, Sherry, passed away. I don't know any details. All I know is that she was in her 50's. She was really fun to be with. I'm glad she enjoyed the trip with us and had plans to join us for future book gang meetings. She'll join us from heaven now.

It was fun to meet Laura's mom, Hope. She's a very classy lady. She's quite reserved. She and Laura gifted me some awesome bread making supplies when we got back to SS. I was so surprised. We've been making bread and pizza with the great tools and recipes and tips I got.

Another random adventure was taste testing sugar and chocolate chip cookies from all over the county. There are two VERY popular types of dining establishments in Utah County: soda places and cookie places. Swig. Sodalicious. Fizz. Crumbl. Chip. Cravings. While Sarah East Christesen was in town, we decided to get together with my mom, Sarah, Allison, Sarah's sister in law, Allie, Mel and me and we taste tested sugar and chocolate chip cookies from all the places. There were a lot of cookies. We kinda got burnt out on sugar. The verdict: Crumbl has the best chocolate chip cookie. I can't remember who won for sugar cookie, but I think it was also Crumbl. Good thing I have one of those in Saratoga Springs.


No comments:

Post a Comment