Monday, March 19, 2018

Disney Day of Trying New Things

Friday, March 16, mom was in Santa Clarita with Derek and Rachel and family. Allie had the day to ourselves in Disneyland. We decided early on that it would be a day where we would try new things. We would look in nooks and crannies we'd always ignored and even eat food we hadn't tried before. We had a BLAST! Here are some of the adventures we had:

1. Shared a burger in Tomorrow Land. Neither of us had eaten there and we decided to share so we had room for more food later. It was really good. Had bacon and grilled onions.

2. Walked into shops that had fancy and very expensive souvenirs.

3. Watched the show at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontier Land. As we walked by, I said "I think there's a show in there. Want to watch it?" What?! Allie thought it was just a place to eat chicken strips and fries. Sure enough there is a show so we sat and enjoyed an old time vaudeville type show. So funny.
We laughed when the guy next to us jokingly asked his buddies "Do you think there will be any nudity?"


4. Rode the Monorail all around the park, which includes a view of the employee Starbucks that's on the back side of the park.

5. Went into the exhibit on the new Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and even met Chewbacca from Star Wars.

I told him I'd been a fan since I was 12

6. Stood in line to meet Black Panther and to see his Wakandan Warriors. Black Panther is a movie that came out last month. It's a good one. The characters are really strong people.


7. Rode Mark Twain's Riverboat through the Rivers of America and saw a beaver chewing away at the train bridge. LOL.

8. Allie bought us a mini strawberry shortcake inspired bundt to share at the Jolly Holiday.

9. Got to the park late (around 10:30 am) and left early (around 6:00 pm)

10. Went to El Torito for dinner. During the day, I had mentioned that sometimes at Disneyland I just want a real meal. Allie agreed. I suggested we leave in time to hit one of my favorite restaurants from high school. It was the place that Jenny, Kris, Kim, and I would go to for special occasions. I was hoping that it would still be good. I was hoping that it just wasn't good in my teenage mind. Well, it was GREAT. We had such a good meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment