Monday, April 20, 2015

My Mini-Vacation

Last week I took a mini vacation to mom and dad's house in Mapleton. I stayed both Tuesday and Wednesday nights. One night is not enough for a vacation because I would probably feel the need to fix dinner before my vacation and cut it short to help someone who's in a jam. So, I stayed two nights.

Mapleton is beautiful

I led my Weight Watchers meeting on Tuesday, then headed down to mom and dad's. We visited for a bit, then began to watch "Killing Jesus," a movie that mom had recorded. It's based on the same-titled book by Bill O'Reilly and all about the events that lead up to Jesus' death. I liked it. I think mom did, too. Dad didn't and he was very vocal that he didn't. It did make Jesus seem surprised at his ministry and some of the miracles. I doubt that was the case. Anyway, we watched some of it, then I went to bed. Downstairs. In a dark room. Where nothing could disturb me.

I woke up Wednesday when I wanted to. I went out on a walk for about an hour. It was barely snowing when I left. It really got going and I got coated in white by the end of the walk, but I had a good coat and hat and gloves, so I was ok. Mom and dad had an appointment at the doctor's office. When they got back, I was cleaned up and mom and I went shopping. I had to run to the mall and the fabric store. We got both errands done and ate lunch at Zupa's. I got salad and mom had a sandwich. Mom even bought me a soda. We got back to the house and read and napped. Then we finished watching "Killing Jesus" and watched "Call the Midwife." We also watched "Survivor" and "Dancing with the Stars." Mom hadn't seen either survivor or dancing and I don't think she was too impressed. She probably wonders why I waste my time on those, but I love them. Dad got home from the temple and we watched news shows from Fox News. And, I slept in my quiet, dark room again.




Thursday morning I went on a walk again. This one was much better. After my walk, I got cleaned up and mom and I went to the temple. Then we came back to their house and waited for dad to get back so we could play 5 Crowns. It wouldn't be a real vacation without cards. I was doing horribly at first. Really racked up points. But, in the end, I won. It was fun.
Found Lady Liberty on my walk

5 Crown selfie

My hand on kings

Proof. You're welcome, Derek!

So, it was back to reality. Went home and fixed dinner. The vacation was nice while it lasted.

1 comment:

  1. I think we enjoyed it more than you did! Come again, anytime!

    ReplyDelete