Monday, April 20, 2015

Biggest Loser Inspiration

Ok, so besides "Call the Midwife," "Downton Abbey," "Survivor," "Dancing with the Stars," and "Amazing Race," I love to watch "Biggest Loser." It's a reality show about weight loss. A contestant this last season was Scott Mitchell, from Mapleton, Utah. He had played college football for the U and had played professional football, too. He was a standout contestant on Biggest Loser because he was so inspirational and encouraging to all the others. He spoke tonight about his experience at Springville High School. Starlyn and I went to hear him.

Besides the funny story about all the contestants getting on an elevator and causing it to malfunction because of their weight, he stuck to pretty inspirational stuff. I really liked what he called his 5 keys to success in ANYTHING.

1. Love yourself.
2. Work hard. Do what you're not good at and get good at it through hard work.
3. Surround yourself with a good team.
4. Hold yourself accountable.
5. You're NOT a victim. You are in control of your environment.




I am really glad we went. Not a lot of people were there. I felt badly that more people weren't there to hear his message. I'm glad we took time to go. It's always fun to hang with my friend Starlyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment