Friday, December 20, 2013

I'm a Missionary Mom

So, how does it feel to have Kamiko gone?






Well, it feels just right. It's funny... I told Keenan that since Kamiko left, the house feels different, but it feels how it's supposed to feel. I haven't really cried. Just a few tears on the ride home from the airport. I think it's a real blessing. Really... a blessing from the Lord that I haven't been really sad since he left. I just feel that he's where he needs to be and the family is as it should be now.

President Livingston admonished us to look for blessings of him serving and one is that I'm content with our little family of four right now. I also read his letters and look at the couple of pictures I have of him and I'm so happy for him. He's gonna do great things. The girls are so loving toward each other and toward me. It's great. I hear "I love you mommy" about 10 times a day. That's a noticeable change and it's great. The three of us have always been close, but we're even closer now.

So, it's great to be a missionary mom. I love that kid with all my heart. I look at pictures of him and just smile. I've always known he has potential to be a great leader. I hope this mission gives him the chance to see what leadership he has in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment