Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Never Supress a Generous Thought" - Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Good experience today. I have had yummy shredded beef in my freezer to make dinner for our mechanic for a couple of weeks. I make delicious beef sandwiches out of it, complete with sauteed peppers and onions. Well, last night, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home from dinner with mom and dad. Bell peppers were on super sale, so I decided to buy a couple and get the rest of the fixin's for the beef sandwiches - rolls, au juis mix, etc.

I texted Heather today to tell her I was bringing dinner. She said my timing was perfect. Her dog had surgery last week and she has been super stressed with her recovery. She said I must be an answer to her prayers.

When I dropped dinner off, we talked for a bit and she said that every time she is at the end of her rope and praying for help, I show up with dinner. Last time it was when her mother-in-law was in the hospital, very ill, and their basement had just flooded. She and her husband, Cary, are so good to us - very trustworthy mechanics. All I can offer them is food and I'm glad I've been able to come through at just the right time.

So, what President Monson said is right. "The prayers of people are almost always answered by the actions of others." So glad I bought the peppers, rolls, etc and took dinner. It made me feel good to help a friend. The gospel and the whisperings of the holy ghost are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment