Monday, July 16, 2012

Moving a Sectional Can be Like Giving Birth

AND...the sectional is IN!!!!!

It says it's for repairing holes and gouges. I definitely have a huge gouge to repair

wood filler applied...will sand and paint
So, Sandy and Hewy and Sandy's brother took me in the Hewlett's truck to get a sectional in Draper. It was perfect...good price and SHORT enough to get down into the basement. What I didn't measure was the WIDTH. It was 1/2 inch too wide to get down the "easy" way. Kamiko and friends Barnes and Mike came to help get it down. After about an hour and a half of trying every angle and removing legs from the couch, we decided the ONLY way to get it down was to chip away at the door frame. It was that or pound out a section of wall. I opted for repairing a door frame over repairing a wall. Ugh. It took a lot of tries and incremental cutting and pushing, but we finally got it in. I told Kamiko he now knows what it's like to have a baby. That sectional is NOT coming out of the basement in one piece. Here are some photos of the damage and my attempts to hide it. Thankfully Keenan is a good sport about it. I couldn't believe it.
the finished product

up close...hey, it's just the basement. Who goes down there, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment