Sunday, September 8, 2024

Indiana State Fair - Winners Drink Milk

Allie's shirt

Allie was very busy and overwhelmed and there is a direct flight from SLC to IND, so I went to see my girl. I got upgraded to Delta Comfort+ both ways. I helped her with yard work, we went to Costco and Aldi. I cleaned the whole house, and we did some cooking. 

Tommy recently bought an old house that's just a couple of miles from downtown Indy, and it's beautiful. There is lovely woodwork. He said he didn't want me cleaning while I was their guest. Allie said "she said she was coming to clean and you have to let her clean." I told him that I can't just sit, so I was happy to do it.  

That's downtown Indy in the background

We also had fun! Allie and I went on walks, got yummy cookies, and went to the Indiana State Fair. The kids had already been there twice and Tommy suggested they take me. Allie's favorite is the tram. It's a tractor-pulled wagon that allows many people to sit and be driven from one point to another. It goes in a loop and is a hop-on/hop-off around the fair. Allie also loves the milk bar. For $.75, you get a cup of milk or chocolate milk. Evidently, the winner of the Indy 500 drinks milk after the race, so it's a staple at the fair. We had so much fun. We saw quilts and ate food. We didn't go on any rides. We also saw table scapes, which cracked us up. People actually submit their idea for a beautifully themed and set table. Tommy got a giant bag of kettle corn, a favorite of his. 

These are spiral-cut potatoes, fried and topped with cheese, sour cream, and chives

On the tram - me, Allie, and Tommy

Enjoying the animals



My shirt



Just before we left, we passed a booth with t-shirts. They really had some awesome shirts. I bought us each a t-shirt. I sent a picture to family, and Derek said he wanted the shirt that I got for Allie, so she drove me back to the fair later in the day and I grabbed it for Derek. 

Tommy's sister, Diari, lives in the house. She's a sharp young lady. I enjoyed visiting with her. Tommy's really good friend, also Tommy, came over one night. He's really nice. I only stayed 2 nights, but it was great. I got one of the last seats on the flight back to SLC. I'm really glad I went. 

Allie is currently waiting for her final check ride with the FAA for her private pilot's license, so she's traveling a bit. She's in Hawaii now, and says she's coming to Utah. I sure hope she comes. I love spending time with her. 

Can you believe this is my girl?






No comments:

Post a Comment