Sunday, January 1, 2023

Prayers Answered

I've made some interesting connections this week that have led me to some answered prayers. 


Lynn and Michael were so excited for me to get home from work to see this little guy that they made for me. We named him Calvin because we decided he looked like he belonged in a Calvin and Hobbes book. 


First of all, Annie Oswald put out a request for household items for a Mongolian couple that just moved to American Fork. Coincidentally, someone posted in our neighborhood Facebook page that they were emptying their parent's home and had household items. I went over and got dishes, a toaster, a blender, and a crock pot. It was great. The woman giving the items away is named Leslie Jones. She is single and lives in my stake. She was a delight to talk to. We visited for probably an hour about jobs, being single and loving it, etc. I look forward to seeing her around the neighborhood. She taught for a few years, but now does real estate. She encouraged me to finish my basement. It got me thinking...really thinking. 

Answer to a prayer.

I really want to have that space finished. I could spend 3 more years saving or I could take the leap and get a loan and do it. I really think I might invest in my home and in myself by doing it. I was thinking of hiring a contractor, meaning the project would cost me about $35,000. Then I thought I might be my own contractor and just find my own subcontractors. After all, I'm not in a hurry. Garret Hjorth is a plumber, Jamie's husband, Bob, is an electrician. I know builders and others who could refer me to a framer, drywall guy, etc. I can paint. 

The crazy thing is that I talked to mom about it. I also talked to Derek about it. They thought it was a good idea. I can still do the project, but do some work on my own, saving me thousands of dollars. I had an impression to ask my neighbor Michael Maughan what he thought about the idea. He was so encouraging. He also said if I got a copy of my floor plan to him, he'd draft up the plan for the city. He'd help me plan everything - the electrical, plumbing, etc. He said his software will even estimate the cost.  

Answer to a prayer. 

I've been dealing with mice. It's not a huge problem, but ONE mouse is too many for my liking. I pay Greenix to come and set and remove traps. I just can't do it. Before Sunday School started today, I found myself sitting in front of 3 people who were talking about smoking meat and the conversation turned to a mouse getting into one man's smoker. I told him I hope he burned it. We got talking about living by the field and having mice in our basements. The guy, Nate Baker, told me he used to work in pest control and he found the entry point for the critters and sealed up his home. I was so excited to have a new idea on how to get rid of these unwanted guests. I've literally been praying about it. Just Saturday, I asked Lynn to also pray about it. She and Michael are having similar issues. It appears that the builder failed to properly close the space around the hole where the air conditioning unit goes into the house, leaving some space for mice to get in. BINGO. During Sunday school, I decided to ask Nate if he could come check my place. I'd pay him in money or pie or other food. Before I got the chance to ask, he offered to come take a look. He's getting supplies and coming on Wednesday. 

Answer to a prayer!!!!

I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment