Sunday, November 27, 2022

Gobble Gobble for TWO


It was just me and Mel for Thanksgiving. 

We had a blast. 

Derek, Rachel, Rose, Charlie, and Milo came into town. Allison and James opened their home for a Tuesday night soup and pie night. Rachel's long-time friend Chris came. We had a great time. Evidently Mac watched my location on Allison's phone for 30 minutes until I arrived. He was disappointed to see me stop for a bit (I grabbed McDonald's so I wouldn't arrive at 1:00 hungry). He had also asked Allison to stay away when I got there because if she's there, I talk to her instead of playing with him. Cute kid. He showed me the basement and gave me a picture he had colored. 

Derek and kids arrived. They all played well. Rose hung out with the adults. She's so funny and mature. I let each of the kids pick an advent calendar from the collection that I brought. We had a great dinner. Allison is an excellent cook. She made potato soup and chicken noodle soup. I made an Italian soup and apple pie and pumpkin pie. 

Wednesday I went walking with Cindy Brewer in the morning. Then I got a few last minute things I needed to make dinner. Mel came over and we watched Survivor and Amazing Race, followed by some holiday-themed baking shows. 

Thursday I got up and walked while talking with Maria Trump. We "go on walks" a lot. She's in California and I'm here. We arrange to walk while we talk on the phone. Derek and Rachel and kids went to mom and dad's, so I went over there after getting ready for the day. We visited for a couple of hours. Milo said he wanted to see my house, so Derek, Rachel, Rose, and Milo piled into my car and we went to my house. I started my turkey and my rolls, gave them a tour of my house that they hadn't seen yet, and drove them back to mom and dad's. 

I then made mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce. Mel and I ate around 4:00 pm. She made the most delicious sausage dressing. It was sooooo good. We had a fun little dinner with just the 2 of us. I dished up plates for mom and dad and we went to the movie. We saw "The Fabelmans," an autobiographical movie about director Stephen Spielberg. Some parts hit hime, like when the parents told their kids they were getting divorced and when college-aged Stephen told his dad that he hated school. It was a good movie, though. It was fun to see Spielberg's perception of his childhood/youth. 

Cute turkey that Jenifer and Cindy brought over. Jenifer makes these every year. 

Friday morning I went walking with Cindy Brewer again and with Jenifer Jarvis. Then we got in Cindy's hot tub. It was a wonderful morning. Mel and I took it easy and decorated the house for Christmas. Saturday was also a slow day. We slept in, got Chinese food at T-Bone, finished decorating, and just relaxed. We dished up a bunch of leftovers for Mel. I went to Starlyn's at 6:00 to watch Hallmark Christmas and Mel went back to Provo. Overall, it was a fun weekend with FaceTime video chats with Kamiko and Bekki and Allie. 

Mel and I got the same LAME fortune: "If not from trees, where does money come from?" She said "I guess it didn't matter which cookie I chose." TRUE.

This is me thinking about my anxiety

It's Sunday evening. I've been very stressed and anxious about the upcoming week. That seems to be the theme of every Sunday. I hope it gets better. I do have a lot for which to be grateful - friends, family, job, kids, house, car, ward, health, therapy. I can do this!

The annual "Thankful" poster


No comments:

Post a Comment