Sunday, October 23, 2022

Woo Pig, Baby!

Go Razorbacks!
Welcome Hogs!
Woo Pig, Baby!
Brett and Taryn Frazier, me, Lane Justus, Allie, Tina

My house was full of Razorbacks for almost a week. Lane and Taryn arrived on Wednesday night, October 12. The girls helped me get my new patio furniture in my backyard. Living in a middle unit, I don't have a gate, so we had to carry the furniture through my neighbor's gate, through their yard, and hand it over the fence. Lane and I carried it and Allie and Taryn stood on the other side of the fence. Brett came in the evening of the 13 and Tina came on the 14. I made a big welcome sign. I slept in my sewing room in the twin bed, Taryn and Brett got the guest room, and I borrowed a blow up mattress for my room, which I gave to Allie, Tina, and Lane. I love those kids so much. 

My bathroom was quite unrecognizable for a few days. I stayed out of it and used the guest bathroom

The BYU vs. Arkansas football game was Saturday, October 15 at 1:00 pm. Mel couldn't make it because of the filming schedule for the film she's working on. Bekki was invited to present at a conference, so she missed it too. Karen, Alan, and Elle Crockett drove from Colorado to join us and Kaleb and his boyfriend, Jake, came too. Mel's friends, Makei and Kobi, bought tickets with us months ago. 

We started the day with a yummy brunch. Allie, her friends, and I cooked until late Friday night. We made pigs in a blanket, fried chicken, and spinach artichoke dip. Kamiko brought chips and dip in the morning. Starlyn brought fancy buttermilk syrup to go with waffles. I provided orange juice and fruit. We set up corn hole and had a great morning. 

Lane, Brett, Allie, Kamiko, Tina, Makei, Kobi, Jake, Kaleb
Taryn, me


The Razorback Semi

Alan, Elle, Kamiko, Karen, Tina, Brett, Lane, Taryn, Kobi, Me, Allie, Makei, Jake, Kaleb

Woo pig, baby

The girls did craft night Wednesday and made tons of bracelets

Family

Taryn and Allie

Allie and Lane

After the game, Brett wearing the bowl he washed out in the restroom

Taryn brought me this cute shirt and this pin. She also brought a few tattoos

We got Starlyn, the biggest BYU fan, to wear a bracelet and tatoo

After the game - we really had a blast. 

Then we went to the game. Starlyn and Lee know a great place to park, so we followed them to the stadium. Alan suggested we take a photo at the cougar since we got there early. We walked to the cougar and also found the Arkansas truck and took photos there. The kids liked the stadium. It was a sunny, hot day, but I'd rather have that than frozen fingers and toes. BYU was first to score, then Arkansas scored. It went back and forth a bit, then Arkansas really hit it. They won 52-35. To say I had a great time with our hogs, eating chocolate cougar tails is an understatement. The kids taught me how to call the hogs. 

Someone asked me and Karen if we are friends. We said "oh, we're sisters!"

Lane, Taryn, Brett, and Tina couldn't believe how nice the BYU fans were. Every time they said "Woo pig, baby," someone would respond with "welcome to Utah." Lane said the BYU fans won't have such a warm welcome in Fayetteville next year. Evidently the away fan section gets treated to free BYU creamery ice cream. What a nice thing to do. Alan bought the nachos that come in a souvenir BYU bowl, which he gave to Taryn and Brett. They are so excited to use it as a popcorn bowl at home. 

The kids had plans to go to Salt Lake after the game, but they were so wiped out after 4 hours in the sun, that they stayed at my place. We watched the Utah game, which was pretty fantastic, then they went to JDawgs. I assumed the kids were leaving Sunday, but they flew out Monday, so we had dinner on Sunday. We invited Starlyn and Lee and mom and dad to come. We had lasagna, Allison's Caesar salad, garlic bread, and pie. Allie used to make pie in Arkansas and they all love it. It was a fun dinner. The kids ate outside on my patio with my NEW patio furniture. Starlyn, Lee, mom, and dad and I ate inside. Mel was able to come. Bekki was still out of town. 

I think I like football. It's 4 hours of relaxing and cheering and talking with friends and family. It's a great excuse to do nothing. No worries. 

Karen and I on a Monday morning walk. We try to get a walk in when she's in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment