Thursday, April 21, 2022

BYU President - Let Him Eat Cake

We make 2 layer cakes in SFL 340 and SFL 215. This year we were busy testing recipes using all-purpose flour and a cake flour substitute so we had lots of extra cakes. We took cakes to Dean Walker, SFL Director Dr. Holmes, FCSE Director Natalie Hancock, and the SFL office staff that do everything for us. 

We froze a cake to take to the BYU President. One of my SFL 110 students piped lettering on it. I called President Worthen's office to see if he was in town and he was. I fully expected to send TA's over with a cake, but his secretary suggested I bring the class. So, we scheduled to take the cake after class. 

It was a blast. We got there and found an official photographer there. President Worthen had each student come in one at a time, he shook their hands and asked where they were from. We had a great visit with him. We got to tell him about our class, about FCS classes in Utah high schools, and about our recipe testing. He was so kind. It was a highlight of the semester, if not of my career. 




See the phone in my pocket? I seriously took it with me to take pictures. Wasn't expecting an official photographer!



No comments:

Post a Comment