Saturday, August 14, 2021

Birthday Week

Bekki turned 27 on Monday, August 9, and Kamiko turned 28 on Thursday, August 12. Mom and dad celebrated their 61st anniversary on Sunday, August 8, and dad turned 84 on Thursday, August 12. 


I made confetti cake with chocolate frosting. One batch from Cake by Courtney makes 2 2-layer 6-inch cakes. I took a cake to mom and dad on Sunday. I took another cake to Kamiko and Bekki on Wednesday. 


The candles read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

Sunday afternoon we had a Zoom Pleasanton Youth 1970's and 1980's reunion. I went to mom and dad's to help them log in. It was nice to catch up with old friends. Everyone seems to be going through a lot. There's cancer, divorce, death of spouses and parents, children problems, etc. We really need to pray for each other and support each other. 

Wednesday night I took cake and ice cream to Kamiko and Bekki. We were going to have dinner, too, but they'd been celebrating all week and weren't hungry for dinner, so we just had cake and ice cream. Mel's back, so it was all 4 of us together and the cake was delicious. I'm getting really good at making 6-inch cakes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment