Friday, July 16, 2021

July 4th Weekend

I got to see most of my siblings over the 4th of July weekend. Kristen and Doug came in town and we all got together at Jenny's house. Karen decided to come to town, as we were having a reunion with the Wasdens. As teens, we got together every Thanksgiving with the Wasdens and the Bradfields. We have kept in touch more with the Wasdens and have talked for years about having a reunion. We actually did it on July 3rd. We all went to Jenny's house and swam. Debbie dropped by for a while. Each family brought their own lunch and a side or dessert to share. It was a perfect get-together. Kamiko was my only kid in town, but he came. He actually tore his achilles recently and couldn't drive himself, so Kristen brought him to Jenny's. I took him back to Provo at the end of the day. After dropping him off, I went to my office to get some work done. Saturday night, a holiday night, is a quiet time to be on campus. I got a lot done and felt great about it. I've been working on my cover letter and vita for the application for my job. I'm currently visiting faculty and have to apply for my job as continuing faculty status. I wanted to tie up loose ends before coming to California. I also ran into Larry Nelson, also SFL faculty. We both agreed that we really know how to party. We both realized we needed to get the heck out of Provo before the Stadium of Fire fireworks ended or we'd be stuck in big time traffic. I left Provo around 9:30 pm. I think I was the only person leaving Provo. Most people were already in Provo or heading to Provo to watch fireworks. I was tired and wanted to get home, which I did. 

On Sunday, the 4th, I was invited to go to the Brau's for dinner. Michelle's brother and sister-in-law were also there. We had a great dinner. Michelle made BBQ chicken sandwiches. They were delicious. I made a Cake by Courtney cake - Peach Crisp Cake. It was soooooo good. I was afraid it would be dry, but it wasn't and it was sooooo delicious. Wow. Courtney does a great job on her recipes. We had a great time eating and visiting and played the game scum for a bit. The Braus are a wonderful family. I'm glad our families have been brought together. 

Earlier on Sunday, I went to Cascade Springs with Kris, Doug, Allison, James, Audrey, Mac, Karen, and Alan. It was a good holiday weekend. I flew to California on Monday night with Kris and Doug. Before going to the airport, I spent a couple of hours at my office getting things wrapped up before my trip. I'm looking forward to the school year. It's been a great summer and will continue to be fun. It'll also be great to get back to the classroom. 

Me, Karen, and Kristen

My 4th of July t-shirt. Jenny Hebdon gave it to me. 

Karen, Kristen, Allison, and me going to Cascade Springs

Me, Karen, Kristen, Allison, Audrey, and Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment