Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Mat and Kat and Girls Visit

 


A few years ago, Mat Williams, a proud Texan, was a TA in the BYU Food Labs. He stood out because he was our enthusiastic DJ, always playing Rebecca Black's song "Friday" in every Friday lab. He was a hard worker. I remember that when he was approaching graduation, he often had to leave the lab for a job fair or job interview. Of course, we encourage our TA's to leave when needed to seek employment. I had no doubt Mat would find a job, as he pursued it so diligently. Mat also exemplified gratitude. When he got a dream job, he treated all of us teachers in the foods lab and our spouses to dinner at Tucano's Brazilian restaurant to thank us for our support. That had to have cost a lot of money for a young college student. What a fine young man. 

His then girlfriend, Kat, took the class from me. She is also a proud Texan. I loved having her in class. They got engaged, Mat's dream job is in TEXAS, and they are now raising 2 cutie pie girls, Mary and Tara, there. I'm so proud of them. Mat has earned his masters degree and they have added a dog to the family. They recently came through Provo and we (Ann Hardman and I) got to visit with them in the lab. It was so fun to catch up. Sadly, Starlyn couldn't come, as she and Lee have Covid-19. They have been very sick for 3 weeks. 

I told Mat how much I had admired him. They are a fantastic family. Kat is a rockstar mom. It's so fun to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment