Saturday, July 22, 2017

End of an Era

I've driven a minivan for about 20 years. I got new wheels. I still can't believe it. On Father's Day, I was bored and started looking at Subaru Foresters online. I've wanted one ever since we got one for the kids. I always said that's what I want to drive when I don't need a van anymore. Well, in a VERY roundabout way, I found a great deal on a 2005 Subaru Forester with only 75,000 miles on it. I bought it from Bob Sanders, who works at Brent Brown Toyota. He is a car salesman I worked for YEARS ago when I did follow-up mail for car salesmen. Bob took good care of me.

My biggest challenge...figuring out where to put my purse. I'm missing that empty space between the 2 front seats that minivans have. I'm sure I can adjust in exchange for better gas mileage, cute car, nicely tinted windows, and all wheel drive. Our mechanics bought the van. It was a crazy couple of weeks.

Me and Heather, our mechanic and friend.

Bye. 205,000 miles. You were good to us. Hard to believe we only had this one for 5 1/2 years. 

My new Subaru. Still considering names...Michelle, Syd, Hiro, Scout...

No comments:

Post a Comment