Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fun Fall Day and Free Ice Cream

Drew Blankenship, a former student from Arkansas, came to town one day. She came to the lab with Annie Christensen, the TA who introduced us, and Mel dropped by. We all went on an adventure to get free ice cream. UCCU was celebrating 60 years by giving out certificates for free half gallons from the BYU Creamery. We went to UCCU by BYU and they were out of certificates. So, we went to the branch in Riverwoods and scored certificates and ice cream scoops. Success!!!!!! Notice I'm wearing my BYU t-shirt. I'm loving football season. It's a great excuse to do casual Friday. I get to wear jeans and a t-shirt. It looks like team spirit, but it's purely for comfort for me.

Bonus: We talked about life. I asked the question I've been thinking about a lot lately: "How do you turn your problems to the Lord?" Annie had a great idea. For quite a while, she's been using what she calls "His Box." When she's ready to give up a burden or grudge or sorrow, like really ready, she prays about it, writes it down on a paper, and leaves it in "His Box." She doesn't look at what's in the box once it's in there. These young adults are geniuses! It's no wonder I love my job. I get to hang out with the BEST people in the history of all time.

Mel, Annie, Drew, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment