Sunday, July 3, 2016

50 Year Bucket List

Time to check in and see how I'm doing on my 50 things to do before I turn 50 list.

1. Read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" - CHECK. One of the loveliest books EVER!
2. Learn how to poach an egg - CHECK
3. See Rachel Hansen, former student, in a play - CHECK
Addams Family at Hale Center Theater in Orem
4. Try Rusted Sun Pizzeria in SLC - CHECK
Me and Jen

Before taking Erin to airport
Um Yes! Pesto Chicken Artichoke Heart. 

5. Hike to Stewart Falls - CHECK

Thanks to my good friend RaDawn, also creator of the 50 things bucket list, I got this one done on Friday. This was on her list last year and she wanted to go again. I hadn't been since college. Thanks, RaDawn!


What do I love about my friend RaDawn? She's smart, wise, patient, encouraging, adventurous, introspective, and funny.




6. Create a photo book - CHECK
7. Make a chocolate peanut butter cake because Keenan would love it - CHECK
Made it for Tutu's birthday on July 24
8. Make pumpkin pie with real pumpkin puree that I make - CHECK
9. Read "Gifted Hands" - CHECK
10. Try Rockwell Ice Cream in Provo - CHECK
11. Go to Martin's Cove Visitors' Center - CHECK



12. See Mount Rushmore - CHECK

This is me driving to Mt. Rushmore

13. Go to Disneyland - CHECK
14. Read President Monson's biography "To the Rescue" - CHECK
15. Visit Dave Chalk's grave - CHECK. I went on opening day of baseball season and took him a Dr. Pepper
16. Try Cup Bop - CHECK

Everybody raves about it. I thought it was ok.
17. Try Mountain West Burrito - CHECK
Got these burritos after moving Mel into her dorm. They were OK.

18. Try Pizza Studio - CHECK
19. See the UP house - CHECK
Veroo went with me. We also went to a model home down the street.
20. Watch "West Side Story" - CHECK
21. Watch "Singin in the Rain" - CHECK
22. Read "You Can Be Happy No Matter What" - CHECK
23. Send a letter in October 2015 - CHECK
24. Send a letter in November 2015 - CHECK
25. Send a letter in December 2015 - CHECK
26. Send a letter in January 2016 - CHECK
27. Send a letter in February 2016 - CHECK
28. Send a letter in March 2016 - CHECK
29. Send a letter in April 2016 - CHECK
30. Send a letter in May 2016 - CHECK
31. Send a letter in June 2016 - CHECK
32. Send a letter in July 2016 - CHECK
33. Send a letter in August 2016 - CHECK
34. Send a letter in September 2016- CHECK
35. Visit the healing field in Draper around September 11, 2016 -CHECK
36. Learn basic car care (change tire, jump start car) - CHECK
37. Hike to Donut Falls - CHECK July 4, 2016 with Oswalds


38. Reach out to an old friend - CHECK. Saw Leigh Hicks in June.
39. Read October and April General Conference Reports - CHECK
40. Start a blog - CHECK. 2womenofacertainage.com
41. Help people in a unique way - CHECK. Sent pizza gift certificates, visited former students who are young moms and need help, made homeless care packages for our cars (I handed mine out already), took a friend's kid to a playgroup.
42. Make Mel her senior year t-shirt quilt - CHECK
43. Make myself a skirt - CHECK. It has lemons and is so cute!


44. Do Whole 30 eating challenge - CHECK
First thing I had after Whole30. It wasn't as good as I was expecting.
45. Historic tour of Provo - CHECK
46. Try all Dr. Pepper flavors at Sodalicious - CHECK
47. Go to Museum of Peoples and Cultures at BYU - CHECK

The sign by this big mural said take a selfie at Machu Picchu. So we did
48. Go to Yellowstone - CHECK went with Oswalds. I invited our family on this trip. Fantastic!
Almost everyone in the picture: Keenan, Mel, Nobo, Veroo, Annie, Allie, Phil's shadow and my shadow. The only one missing is Yusuki. See my blog post about the trip.

49. Use the rope thingy at the gym - CHECK

Thanks to my TA Erin for taking me to the gym and showing me the ropes.
 50. Eat JDawgs with my BFF's - scheduled for Wednesday, October 5!


No comments:

Post a Comment