Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Father's Day

The day after I got home from camp, we hosted Hunters at our house for a Father's Day dinner. Kris was in town and it was fun to all get together. Deb and Mark came down. Jen, Scott, and Emily came, too. I made bbq pork sandwiches and assigned out the dessert, coleslaw, fruit, and chips. I'm glad I did the pork on Friday, after camp. That left me to just clean the house and warm up the shredded pork in bbq sauce. We had a fun time. It's always great to get together.

Typical Aarl. When I texted this picture to Derek, his reply was "This generation's Vitruvian Man." I had to look this one up.

This is the Vitruvian Man, by Leonardo DaVinci, which shows the proportions of the human figure. Now I get how Derek knew about his and I didn't. He's an artist. He has studied this.

Kris, dad, and me on Sunday


Trying to stretch my neck for a picture so I don't look old. It worked.

Without realizing it, Keenan and I dressed alike after church on Father's Day

Kristen stayed at our house Saturday night - Monday night, with Allison and Audrey joining us for Monday night. It was fun to have Kris at church on Sunday. She took Mel to RS for the first time. They both said the lesson was good and full of discussion. It was fun to show off my sister at church; to introduce her to friends. Sisters said she sounded just like me and looks just like me. They obviously haven't seen Jen, but that's ok. We are an awful lot alike in a lot of ways. Mom and dad came over for dinner on Father's Day, too. We put together a yummy and simple taco bar and I made the fruit salsa I'd made at camp. It was a hit again.

While she was here, we did some shopping at Old Navy and at the fabric store, we ordered a cute skirt pattern online, we went to eat acai bowls at Ivie Juice Bar in Provo, and just hung out.

No comments:

Post a Comment