Sunday, September 27, 2015

General Conference Fall 2015

Last night's women's meeting marked the opening of this general conference. It was great. To me, a lot of the talks were about our worth, our Heavenly Father's love for us, and the need to trust in Him and His plan. There should be joy in life, in spite of challenges, because Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and it will work out in the end. One talk mentioned that "happily ever after" is never written into the 2nd act of a play and this life is the 2nd act. We most likely have to wait for our "happily ever after." We need to have faith, look for the positive, love others, serve, and do our best.

We will continue conference this weekend. We will be sustaining 3 new apostles. In the last 6 months, we lost Elder Packer, Elder Perry, and Elder Scott. They have a combined 103 years of service. One article I read said we will miss Elder Packer's wisdom, Elder Perry's humor, and Elder Scott's compassion. I think that beautifully sums them up. Sad, but they are reunited with loved ones.

Below are pictures/quotes that were either used in the meeting last night or came to my mind because of conference. I can't wait for more talks.

Of this, President Uchtdorf said: 
"My dear sisters, I was grateful to speak with you this evening at the general women’s session of ‪#‎LDSconf‬. Wherever you are throughout the world, I hope that the Spirit touched you with new insights.
In this painting, a pioneer girl is skipping along a bright blue path. She has endured many dark and dreary days, but she has a spring in her step and looks optimistic, happy, and hopeful.
As you walk through life, I hope you will feel a spring in your step as you trust the Lord and continue on your own bright path of discipleship. Faith will lead you to open your eyes to the things Heavenly Father has in store for you. Love for God and His children will continue to brighten your path, even on dark and cloudy days."
In looking for a spiritual thought to share with my class, I found this. We had just lost dear Elder Scott.
This ties in so well with my feelings about the meeting last night.
A quote from President Uchtdorf's talk last night

2 comments:

  1. Well said! I, too, am looking forward to General Conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I, too, am looking forward to General Conference.

    ReplyDelete