Monday, December 1, 2014

Hallmark Christmas Movies

I love Hallmark Christmas movies. They started this year on Halloween. They're sappy and totally predictable and that's what is so great about them.

From the wrapper of a chocolate. Will do!
I was mentioning at work that I was planning on watching one on Saturday. Every Saturday and Sunday night at 6:00, they premiere a new one for the year. Anyway, it sounded fun to everyone, so I extended the invitation. I made chili and they brought treats. A few of us enjoyed time together. The movie was not a great one. It was more geared to kids, but we had a blast anyway.
The first movie night: Ali, Erin, Annie, Becky, Jenny and me. Notice our treats.
The next week, a slightly different crowd came and I made baked potatoes with bacon, cheese, sour cream onions, chili, etc. They brought chocolate and licorice. This past weekend was Thanksgiving weekend and no one was available, so just me and Jamie Wigington watched. We had a great time. She mentioned that she needed to put up her tree so the kids could decorate it when they got home from their dad's house. I went to help her after church yesterday. We ran out of lights, so I went back today while she was at work and bought lights and finished the job. She's a good friend. They just went through a divorce and I imagine the holidays are tricky, especially when you're alone and the kids are with dad. I'm glad she lets me barge in on her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment