Friday, August 22, 2014

First Day of School: SOLO


It's been a VERY long time since I had just one kid in a back-to-school photo. This year it was just Mel. She starts her junior year at American Fork High School. She is settling into this only child thing. She does see the benefit of not having to share the Subaru with anyone else. She's gonna be busy this year. She's playing soccer on a club team, she'll be working at Hapari starting later in September, and she's an editor for the yearbook.

I love the cute girl that she is. She's very into fashion and very creative with her outfits. I really think she has a gift. She looks for good deals and also buys some real unique pieces, both clothing and accesories. She's sure fun to spend time with. She likes shopping more than I do, though. I don't have the stamina to shop as long as she would like. I do like shopping, but not as much as baby Mel does.

She's off to the first football game of the season, with camera and long lens in hand. She'll be taking pics for the yearbook. 

P.S. before going to the game, she took time to play a quick game of SkipBo with her mommy. I love that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment