Wednesday, May 7, 2014

R.I.P Honu...Meet Otto

Honu died while Mel was on her trip to Hawaii. It was sad to call her and let her know, but I thought she might want to bring a trinket home to put on his grave. It appears that he was hit by a car on Thursday, April 17, sometime between 2:30 and 3:30 pm. His body was right on 9th East, between our street and Murdoch Ave. Sad. I know the timeline because I had gone walking that afternoon and passed the spot around 2:30, then ran errands and he was there when I returned.
No, he's not dead. This was the last picture of Honu, taken on conference Sunday
I was alone, as Allie was at work and Keenan and Mel were in Hawaii. I called Sandy and she came and helped me. Patrick Smart, our home teacher, was home. He and his son Josh put honu in a bag and a box. Josh carried him to the house. I then began the job of digging a 2-foot deep hole in the back flower bed to lay our buddy to rest. Boy, that took a while. Mel brought home a little green glass turtle that's now on top of the grave.


I told everyone we weren't getting a new cat. That had been the deal all along. Well, a cat is sitting on my foot as I write this blog. Otto came along about a week after Mel got home from Hawaii. Some friends of Kobi had accepted 3 kittens. They got rid of two of them, but needed to find a home for the 3rd. The dad was going to kill it if it didn't go. Kobi took him in, but Burke is allergic to cats. He was out of town and told Kobi to find it a home before he got back. So, she brought a cute tiny gray kitty to our house for a Saturday. That's all it took. I left for California, the girls got feedback from Kamiko on a name and he's Otto. I usually call him O. He is really cute, but a rowdy kitten now. At first he was really skinny and tiny. He was young. He still only eats kitty formula out of a bowl, but will graduate to food soon. We love him already.

Taken on Easter Sunday. Look at my beautiful girls and their new brother.



Mel Loves kitties!

No comments:

Post a Comment