Thursday, January 9, 2014

Humor During the Holidays

Just so these things don't get forgotten:

Kamiko left some clothes for Keenan, Allie and Melia as Christmas presents. When Melia opened the sweatshirt from Kamiko, she said, "I was wondering where that was. I thought he gave it away." Evidently, the girls had been taking clothes from what he left behind and Melia had really wanted the Obey sweatshirt Kamiko had me wrap for her.

While walking around University Mall right before Christmas, Melia gravitated toward a cute plaid flannel shirt with stud detailing on the front. We could tell Melia was thinking about buying it. Allie said to her, "Don't. I already bought it for you." Wow, my girls know each other so well. Allie picked it out and bought it without Mel's prior approval. They are awesome.

UPDATE (January 19, 2014):
When we were at Crocketts for Thanksgiving, Karen wore an awful robe. Super comfortable, but awful. She had two, so she loaned me one. It was fabulous! Still super ugly, but fabulous. We went to church today in Orem to hear Sid and Tim Crockett speak. They will be serving a mission in the Provo Mission. They will live in their home and serve full-time, tags and all, as missionaries. We went to hear them speak and see Alan and Elle, who came for the event. Karen had sent a gift for me. I didn't know what it was. Almost thought it might be a bottle of some fun spice from her store. Well, imagine my surprise and my family's dismay, when I opened a box that held my very own robe! Oh, I was so excited. I even told Elle that yesterday, as I put my sweats in the laundry, I thought "what will I wear after church tomorrow? My comfy sweats are dirty." Well, worry no more!!!!! I have THE ROBE. Karen has a matching one, so we'll have to sport them together sometime. Here's proof of its loveliness.
Reading "Southern Living" magazine and drinking a caffeine-free diet Dr. Pepper. Sundays can't get any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment